Protecting your privacy and your security
Caxton FX Limited (We, Us, Our) is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide financial services to. We are also registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration number Z7413780.
From time to time we may need to update this policy. If the change is material, we will let you know by placing a notice on our website.
“Personal Data” is any personal information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. You agree that the Personal Data which you supply to us will be true, complete and accurate in all respects, and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to that Data.
“Sensitive Data” is information which relates to an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, sexuality, health status, political beliefs, union membership or criminal background. We will not ask you for any sensitive data. Occasionally we may come in to possession of sensitive data which is acquired from searches of open source information and databases.
We will deal with your Personal Data in compliance with the applicable Data Protection regulations. Please note this applies only to Caxton FX Limited and subsidiary companies, not to other companies or organisations’ websites to which we link. Caxton FX is not responsible for the content, or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
How we use your Personal Data
We will collect and process Personal Data for the purposes of providing our foreign exchange services to you and the other purposes mentioned below. Personal Data may also be processed by other organisations on our behalf for the purpose of providing Caxton FX services to you. The use of information will remain under the control of Caxton FX at all times. We work hard to ensure that we only partner with organisations that apply the same high standards to data protection as we do. It may be necessary for your Personal Information to be processed outside the European Union.
Once you are a registered client, we will hold Personal Information relating to the transactions you enter into with us. We may disclose Personal Information to a party to the transaction, but only to assist your transaction, subject to your approval.
We use your personal data to monitor the transactions of our clients for a number of reasons including crime prevention and market research as well as to understand how we can improve our products and services and to ensure that we properly segregate our client’s funds from our own money.
When you call us we may monitor or record your calls to confirm your instructions or for training and regulatory purposes. To view or correct your Personal Data, you can write to us at Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH. A fee may be payable, in certain circumstances, for viewing Personal Information and we will respond within one month.
Sharing Personal Data
For us to provide you with any of our services it is necessary for us to disclose your Personal Data to third parties with which we work. We will always do so in in good faith and for the following purposes, for example:
- To service providers for the purpose of opening, operating and servicing your account
- To enable you to be advised about changes or amendments to our service or for marketing purposes
- To conform with a legal requirement or a request from authorities with which we will fully cooperate with
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions, or to act to protect the interests of our registered customers or others
- In the event of the sale or acquisition of Caxton by another entity (such an event is also covered within your product terms and conditions)
We do not allow the third parties we work with to use or share your data for any purposes other than what has already been agreed and stated above.
Storing, Securing and Retaining Personal Data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We operate a strict information security policy that is updated periodically to reflect current best practice. In addition to this the following approaches are also applied:
- Various measures are applied to protect against accidental loss or unauthorised access to your personal data
- Regular external penetration tests are undertaken to ensure that our external defences remain robust and up to date
- Only authorized staff that need access to personal data to perform their roles are able to do so
- Data is only transferred to business partners using secure mechanisms
- Staff are trained to apply the highest standards of data security.
We will respect all the rights that you have under applicable Data Protection regulations. Where appropriate to do so, we will correct, amend or delete your personal data.
Specifically, we will honour your following rights:
- The right to access to your personal data
- This is subject to other relevant legal requirements and the provision of suitable identification. We reserve the right to charge a fee in certain circumstances
- The right to correction or deletion
- You have a right to correct or amend your personal data if it is incorrect. Please contact us to update your personal data. You also have a right to deletion, subject to other applicable legal requirements.
- You can choose not to receive marketing material from us.
- To update your marketing preferences please go to the Preference Centre by logging into your account. Under the “My Details” tab, select your Communication Preferences and update the options for what you would like to receive from us.
- You have the right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- This privacy notice sets out how we will process your data. It will be updated from time to time or at times of regulatory change
Why are cookies essential to how customers use the Caxton FX website?
- Make your current and future visits to our website as user-friendly as possible
- To enable us (where appropriate) to tailor the content to fit your needs
- To prevent fraudulent activity and to measure the overall patterns of website usage
- To track how visitors reach our site and the path they take through it to help us improve our service to you
Please note that none of the cookies used on our website collects personally identifiable information about you.
Why you should keep cookies switched on
We would like you to keep cookies activated on your device during your visits to our website because, without cookies enabled, we cannot guarantee that the website, and your experience whilst visiting it, will be as good as we intend it to be.
At Caxton FX, we use two types of cookie on this website:
- Session cookies– These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period during which you access the website (or, more strictly, until you sign out of your account and close the browser after accessing the website). Each time you revisit the website; these cookies will be stored and then removed once you sign out of your account. Session cookies help the Caxton FX website remember what you chose on the previous page, therefore avoiding your having to re-enter information. On our website, these cookies do not contain personal information and cannot be used to identify you.
- Third-party cookies– As well as using cookies from our advertising and affiliate partners, we may also embed external content from other third-party websites within our website. These include sites such as Facebook and Twitter, whose cookie usage policy you can view on their own websites.
How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by us, you can do so by editing your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how to do so.
- For further information on how to delete cookies on your browser, visit aboutcookies.org
- For further information on how to delete cookies on the browser of your mobile device, you will need to refer to your handset manual.
- For further information on Caxton FX’s security and privacy measures, please read our Terms and Conditions.
How to contact us
If you require further detail or have any questions about this policy, please contact us using the details below
||The Data Protection Officer
Caxton FX limited